Saturday, January 19, 2019

A Simple Get Well Soon Card



A dear friend of mine is in the hospital under less than ideal conditions. 
I knew I wanted to make a card, but needed some inspiration.
I came across Color Challenge #326 on the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge Blog. 
The Challenge was to create a black and white card, with just a splash of color. 



I ended up choosing Close to my Heart’s Thistle as my splash of color. 




The sentiment “Get Well Soon” is from the January 2019 Stamp of the Month stamp set





The set is only $5 with any $50 purchase from my online store. 
I used the little heart symbol to create a stamped background.





 I distressed the inside of the card to give the stark white some dimension.





I distressed the inside and the edges of the layers with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
I also created a simple pattern on the left side of the card, by scoring three straight lines.



Thank you for stopping by!



11 comments:

  1. Love the simple design and the distressing. Thanks for sharing at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS and the splash of the read hearts are always welcome for a get well card...says it all. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare and please come back for future color challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great get well card! I am sure it will lift your friends spirits. I love how you used Thistle for your splash of color! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thistle is a great color to pair with B&W...thanks for playing along at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Clean & Simple card. Thank you for joining us for the Color My Heart Dare Challenge. <3 Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an effective use of distressing on this card. I love the little coloured hearts too, they really pop. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete