Sunday, February 3, 2019

Valentine's Day Card For My Husband...

Today's card was created to gear up for Valentine's Day in less than two short weeks. 
While my husband and I don't do anything super fancy, we do usually exchange small gifts and go out to dinner. 
Here is the card, I created for him:



As you can see, I went with a monochromatic theme compiled of various shades of pink.


I used the typewriter and the Heart Stamp from the "My Type of Note" Stamp Set
This stamp set was released at the end of last summer. It is still available to purchase!


I used it in a previous post here>.
I colored in the typewriter image with a few of my favorite pink Copic markers.



The "love you" sentiment stamped in Black ink, is from last month's Stamp of the Month stamp set "Card Captions". 



I know many of you picked it up for just $5. Awesome deal or what?

For the card base, I used Raspberry cardstock
I also added a few layers of Ballerina and Pixie cardstock to the mix. 

I used several pieces of patterned paper from the
I Heart Us Paper Packet (pink dots) and Something Fierce Paper Packet (pink pin stripes). 


These are some of our newest collections that came out January 1st. 




I added some Silver Glitter Gems for a bit of sparkle and dimension.

I added some Smoothie ink, to distress the edges of all of the layers.


On the inside of the card, I have a simple White Panel that has also been distressed,
to write my message on.

I entered my card into the following Challenges:

Pile It On! Challenge Blog- #151 Pretty In Pink 

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper- February 2019 Challenge

Simon Says Stamp- Monday Challenge Love Is In The Air

Simon Says Stamp- Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes

Uniko Studio- Challenge #51 Anything Goes Optional Love

Addicted To Stamps And More- Challenge #326 Anything Goes

Kat Scrappiness Blog- February Challenge Hearts

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog- Challenge #60 Anything Goes

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog-Challenge #415 Anything Goes


I hope you enjoyed today's card, please consider leaving me a comment below!


11 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I like how you've mounted the sections and angled the typewriter. I am sure he will love this! Thanks for sharing the love with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such fantastic creation. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ! I'm sure that your husband will love it ! Love the combo pink/red and your layout for this old typewriter. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...such a sweet little typewriter! A perfect card for your husband who, I'm sure, treasures it - and you, for designing it specially for him! Thrilled to discover this gem in the Uniko gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card great idea
    Thanks for joining us at
    http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/

    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and I am sure your hubby loved it. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this typewriter is cute! Love how you made it write the heart on the paper!
    Thanks for sharing your love-themed card with us in the Uniko Challenge #51.
    Greetings from Wiebke (Uniko-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete