Monday, July 2, 2018

Vintage Typewriter Card With All Close to my Heart Products

Happy Monday!
As I journey back to Georgia for Las Vegas to return home from the Close to my Heart Convention, my mind is literally spinning! 
This week I learned so many new layout ideas, techniques, and business concepts, that I can not wait to try out and share with all of you!

While at convention, we worked on several projects, many of which will be shared with you either here on my blog, in my VIP group on Facebook or in my new Virtual Classrooms. 

My New Virtual Classrooms will feature various videos, some will be free general technique videos, others will be videos provided free with the purchase of a specific kit or products used to create them.
Close to my Heart has so many great items coming your way! 

I truly was blown away and am so impressed with the new catalog that will begin September 1st. 

If you are interested in receiving a new Holiday Expressions catalog, please complete the free request form here.

One of the many awesome projects we created this week, was this adorable Vintage Typewriter card.




This card actually features several new products.
The paper pieced typewriter, alphabet border and the sentiment are both from the new stamp set "My Type of Note".
I popped the typewriter panel up with 3-D Foam Tape for some dimension. 





The paper packet is from a new Christmas themed collection called "'Tis the season". 
The cardstock featured is Charcoal and one of our new colors Mint. 

Speaking of which, with the new catalog change in a few months, there are ten colors that are retiring. 
They are:
flaxen
sorbet
crystal blue
juniper
cranberry
poppy
pacifica
blossom
tangerine
nutmeg


So if these are colors, you know you have projects you need them for, now would be the time to begin ordering a sufficient amount of them. 
They will be retiring the cardstock, ink, and reinker bottle for each color.

I will create a separate post with a video about the new ten colors that will replace the retiring ones.
There will also be a post and video about the new "Color of the Year".

I distressed the edges of the card, and pieces with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, another product that will be retiring soon. 
I also added a few new embellishments; Silver Glitter Gems and Silver Embellishing Thread.




I entered this card into the following challenges:
Pile It On Challenge Blog-#144 Vintage (Typewriter)
Simon Says Stamp- Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes
 Creative Memories - #147 Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack-#240 Fun-day Friday Challenge
Whoopsi Daisy Digi and CD Challenge- Anything Goes with Optional Christmas 


As always, I hope you enjoyed my post, feel free to leave me a comment below. 
I would love feedback on the type of products, techniques and themes you would love to see. 



5 comments:

  1. Fun card - love that little strip of mixed typed letters! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card.Thank you for joining in the fun over at http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.com/
    Hope to see you over there again soon
    Hugs
    Denise DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and welcome to are Challenge this month.Thank you for sharing your project with us good luck with your entry hope to see you again soon hugs Sue DT xx

    http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable!! Love your color combo and that super fun alphabet border!! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack. Sorry I am soooooo late in commenting, life got busy for a while!

    ReplyDelete