Saturday, December 29, 2018

Grateful Heart Butterfly Card

As the year winds down, so does another great catalog from Close to my Heart. 
The 2018 Holiday Expressions catalog ends on December 31st, in just a few days. 


This catalog was certainly one of my favorite. 
I purchased at least 1 packet of every patterned paper we offered, and some I purchase 3 or more. 
The Grateful Heart collection was certainly one of my favorites. 
This particular card uses the Grateful Heart Cardmaking Stamp Set from that collection. 


I have used this stamp set before many times, it is definitely one of my go to sets for just about any occasion. 
This time around, I needed to create a Thank You card to send to one of my community partners at my daily grind. 
I was so excited to work with them a few weeks ago and couldn't wait to make them a handmade card. 
So this is what I came up with to send to them...



The black paper with the diamond patterned came from the Hello Pumpkin Paper Packet


I loved this paper pack, because all of the cute black and white papers, went so well with other colors, things that weren't even Halloween or scary themed. 

I layered the black paper with a piece of Smoothie cardstock



Then a smaller strip of Canary cardstock.

I punched out a circle from the same paper, flipped it over and used the dotted side as an accent piece underneath the Butterfly. 



The Butterfly was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, then colored with 4 Copic Colors. 
Then I popped the Butterfly up on some of our 3-D Foam Tape.




Our 3-D Foam Tape comes in 2 different thicknesses and different widths. 

The regular 3-D Foam Tape, what I used, is Double-sided, 2 mm tall; with 2 rolls per package, ⅜" and ¼" widths, 75" per roll.


The thin 3-D Foam Tape, is Double-sided, 1mm tall; with 2 rolls per package, ⅜" and ¼" widths, 75" per roll.
I love this stuff!

I distressed all of the edges of the cardstock and the circle with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.



I stamped the sentiment, "Thank You" with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink as well. 
While we no longer carry the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, I still use it and have several in my personal collection. 
I love using them for Comic coloring specifically. 


I hope you enjoyed today's card. 
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me



No comments:

Post a Comment