Sunday, May 6, 2018

Stargazer Birthday Card

As a child, one of my favorite hobbies was looking at the stars at night through the telescope I received one Christmas. 
While I did not turn out to become an astronomer, I did become a scientist, and often do have conversations about space, stars, and the like. 

I'm not sure whatever happened to that telescope, maybe one of my younger brothers has it. 
As an adult I have visited the local planetariums quite a few times. 
I might just purchase a telescope as an early birthday present to myself. 
Therefore tonight's card was inspired by my Stargazer hobby. 




I used one of my favorite techniques "Blacked Out", utilizing layers of black cardstock under most of the patterned paper layers. 



The card base is Pewter Cardstock by Close to my Heart. 
The yellow, grey, and blue patterned papers are all from the "Stargazer" Patterned Paper Packet by Close to my Heart. If you love this paper, do not wait to purchase it, it is while supplies last, since the Seasonal Expressions Catalog 1 is finished.

The distressing on the grey strip and blue mat was completed with "Charcoal" ink by Close to my Heart. 



The sentiment and the telescope are both from the Cardmaking "Stargazer" Stamp Set. It does also have a matching thin cuts die set, but for today's card, I did not use the dies. 

I colored the telescope with Copic Markers, then used a Gold Shimmer Brush to give it some shine and sparkle. 


I finished off the look with a few red "Stargazer" Dots also by Close to my Heart.


Were you aware that I have a VIP Group on Facebook so that we can share our artwork with each other? 
I would love to have you join us! Just click here to join us!

I entered this card into the following challenges:

Pile It On! Challenge Blog - #142 Sports/Hobbies
Creates and Makes Challenge Blog - #21 Anything Goes 
Not Just Cards Challenge Blog- April Challenge Anything Goes 
Crafting From The Heart - #204 Anything Goes 
Simply Papercraft - #57 Anything Goes 
Jo's Scrap Shack - Fun-Day Friday Challenge #232 Anything Goes 
Cardz TV- #46 Anything Goes 


3 comments:

  1. A very unique card I would never have thought of putting black with pewter. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
    Hugs
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layers! The black sets off each shape so beautifully! Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack! Please return for our month-long birthday celebration!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete