Sunday, May 6, 2018

Scrapbooking Birthday Layout From A Workshops Your Way Cardmaking Kit

As most of you that follow my blog know, I am an avid scrapbooker, I have been for over 20 years. As soon as I saw the new Beautiful Friendship Collection from Close to my Heart, I knew I had to have it. 
There are several pieces to the Collection, to include a Scrapbooking Kit and a Cardmaking Kit.
I may not always purchase every stamp set as a consultant, but I do usually take advantage of the Cardmaking kits, and here is why:

-You get an exclusive stamp set that only comes in that kit
-You get several sheets of paper and cardstock that coordinate really well
-You get really cute embellishments that are not always sold seperately
-Right now, all of our Seasonal Expressions 2 kits, are under $20! That is an awesome deal.

The great thing about them is that you do not always have to make cards! That's right, yesterday I attended an awesome National Scrapbooking Day crop with a local Close to my Heart Director. I did make a few cards, but really spent most of my day creating Scrapbooking layouts. 

I will share one of those in this post, and then the another in a second post. 
I ended up using the some of the same photos in each layout to show you how well they both worked. 
The photos will probably end up staying with this first layout. 


The 12 x 12 cardstock used is Bashful, using the darker shade. 
The patterned paper, Bashful cardstock, and Linen cardstock are all sheets from the Workshops Your Way Festive Birthday Cardmaking Kit
I also added black cardstock. 



I used Sapphire ink to stamp the sentiment for the layout title. 
I used a little Charcoal ink to distress and age the Linen cardstock on the layout title. 



The second Linen box that is blank will house my journaling once I mount all of the photos permanently. 



And finally I added a few of the ink dots from the Documented Dots embellishment pack. 

I hope you enjoyed my layout, and stayed tuned for the post of the second one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment