Saturday, May 19, 2018

Convention Swaps Are Underway...

I am so excited, in just a few weeks, I will be driving across the country again out west to Close to my Heart's annual convention. 
This year it is in Las Vegas!
I've been to Las Vegas, once before a few years ago, to visit my husband's family. 
While out there this year, I am going to try to spend some time with them again. 

If you have ever been to a Scrapbooking/Stamping convention, then you know swapping your handmade cards is a big deal!
Last time, I think I swapped over 100 cards. 
My goal this year is at least 50, but I am going to try to reach 100 if I can. 
So since I have such a lofty goal, I knew I needed to go ahead and get started. 
So this weekend, I didn't have much planned, so cards it is. 
Now some folks like to make all of their cards exactly the same, kind of like an assembly line. 
I personally like to make mine that way, but in small batches, then switch the colors, layout, etc. 

So today I am sharing with you my first batch.


I made 6 cards to swap at convention, and a card for a dear friend that is feeling under the weather. 
I used the One-Sheet-Wonder Technique, to create the floral print paper. 
The flowers, and leaves came from the stamp set Beautiful Friendship-Scrapbooking by Close to my Heart.
The cards are all based with the White Cards and EnvelopesValue Pack.



I used Thistle, Smoothie, and Bashful for the two-step stamped flowers and Sweet Leaf for the leaves.
Most of the cards, have the top panel of White Daisy, distressed with Pewter ink.
The "Life is Better With Friends"sentiment came from that same set. 
These were both stamped in Pewter ink. 


The "Simply Beautiful" sentiment came from the "A New Adventure" stamp set. 
This set is so versatile and definitely one of my personal favorites. 
I used our new Thin Cuts- Stitched Ovals and our Thin Cuts- Basic Ovals for the sentiment and them mounted it with 3-D Foam Tape.
These were stamped in Pewter on White Daisy cardstock, then layered on Bashful cardstock.



I used the Grey Gems to embellish a few of the cards.




For the card I am mailing to a friend, I used a layer of Bashful under the three panels of White Daisy I created.


The "A Beautiful Friendship" sentiment came from the "Beautiful Friendship- Scrapbooking" stamp set. 
Each panel was distressed with Pewter ink.


I will start working on my second batch in just a few minutes. 
As I create batches over the next few weeks, I will post them here on the blog to share them with you.
As always if you have any questions at all please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment