Sunday, May 20, 2018

Congratulations Card for Your Little Slugger...

Anyone that knows me will tell you my favorite sport is baseball! 
Always has been since I was barely walking well. 
My father played when I was growing up, so I watched many games in person as a small child, then as a teenager I was a baseball manager for the junior varsity and varsity teams. 
I loved it! 
These days, I attend games when can, and watch them on tv even more. 


So the moment I saw this Slugger Sam digital image, from Dr. Digi's House of Stamps
I knew I had to have it.


It is so versatile, you can color him any combination to match someones favorite team.
I mostly chose to use several shades of red, brown, and beige with my Copic markers.
I then also brushed all of the brown colored areas with the Gold Shimmer Brush
I popped him up with 3-D Foam Tape.




For the card itself, I started out with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 White Daisy Cardstock card base. 
I used a layer of Ruby Cardstock and then a layer of Kraft Cardstock.

I used a layer of Ruby Printed Paper from the Enchantment Fundamental Paper Packet. The polka dots were perfect for a sibilance of baseballs.

The little horizontal band across the card, is a layer of Ruby Cardstock as well. 



The Oval sentiment is a layer of White Daisy.
The sentiment "A Day to Remember" is a perfect way to celebrate your little Sluggers first game, championship, or a win!  
These two stamps together would be perfect for a scrapbooking layout as well!
The sentiment comes from the stamp set Highlight Reel, 
which will be our July Stamp of the Month! 

So keep in mind your will be able to purchase it in July for only $5 with any $50 purchase.




I stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.




Finally, I added just a few little red dot embellishments from the Stargazer Dots pack.



I entered this card into the following Challenges:

Pile It On Challenge Blog! - #142 Sports/Hobbies
Through The Craft Room Door - Week of May 15th Anything Goes 
Jo's Scrap Shack- Fun-Day Friday Challenge #234 Anything Goes 
Addicted to Stamps and More - #292 Make Your Mark (Copics)
2 Sisters on the Blog - #15 Three of a Kind (3 Red Dots, 3 Types of Paper/Cardstock)
A Perfect Time To Craft- #5 May 2018 Anything Goes 


Thank you so much for stopping by, please consider leaving a comment below.

9 comments:

  1. This baseball mom loves your card! I remember lots of fun times at the ballpark. Great work and thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love your layout on it. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice card. Thanks for sharing it with us at 2Sistersontheblog.
    Caroline DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a follower of our blog? Please do if you aren'nt

      Delete
  4. Fabulous card. Love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful masculine card. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card.
    Thank you for sharing it at 2Sistersontheblog.
    Nicolette DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine card!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super- fun card with a wonderful design. I love the kraft, red and white colour combo! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” May Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
    Carole x DT

    ReplyDelete