Sunday, August 5, 2018

Monochromatic Card Using Patterned Paper for the Background of the Stamp

Happy Sunday! 

Today's card features several shades of black, white and grey.



The new technique that I tried was to stamp the image on patterned paper that had words in the background.
I've not tried this previously but see it used often.
I love how it turned out.

The Sea Gull on the pier posts is a digital image from 
the Smooth Seas Stamp Set from Beccy's Place.
I chose this image because I love the beach, complete with the sea gulls and their wings and feathers.

All cardstock is from Close to my Heart. I used Black, White Daisy and Pewter.
I distressed the White Daisy cardstock in the background with Pewter ink, to create my own patterned paper. 



The stamped sentiment "Enjoy the small Stuff" is from the August Stamp of the Month set
"For the Love of Crafting".




 It was stamped in Charcoal ink and mounted on 3-d foam dots

The grosgrain light grey ribbon used as an embellishment is also from Close to my Heart. 

I entered the card in a few challenges:
Pile It On! Challenge Blog - #145 Try A New Technique
Jo's Scrap Shack- #245 Fun-day Friday Challenge-Anything Goes
Love to Craft Challenge Blog - #25 Anything Goes 
Moving Along With The Times- #77 For the Boys
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge-  Make Your Own Background 
As You Like It Challenge - What's Your Favorite? Fur to Feathers and Why?

5 comments:

  1. Such fabulous expression of gray, white and black, Marciava. Love the monotone images and layers. Your sketch on this card is very inspiring, too. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challeng.

    Marge
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love that bird on the posts and on text paper! Very cool! Great job and thank so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific take on the JUGS challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super monotone card and I like the stamping on text paper. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so striking and a fabulous entry at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete