Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Welcome Baby Card...

So about a week ago, I was in my local Tuesday Morning, browsing the baby aisle, and stumbled upon this adorable blanket... 



I immediately thought to myself, wait, I have a hot air balloon stamp at home. 
So tonight's card which will also be on my display at the Close to my Heart Convention in about a week and a half, was in fact inspired by that blanket. 



Now originally I was planning to use soft pastel blues, but decided against it, and chose to use the soft aqua colors. 
I may go back and create some neutral ones and even a pink or blue one. 

The hot air balloon stamp is from the Cheers To You Cardmaking Workshops Your Way stamp set. 

I stamped the image in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, and filled in just a few spots with some of my 
Cricut Markers. 



The "Welcome Baby" sentiment is from the Short & Sweet Stamp Set
One of my favorites, because it has so many different sentiments. 
And at only $6.95 it is an amazing deal.

The cardstock used is Pewter, Lagoon and White Daisy



The small strip of White Daisy was also run through the Cuttlebug (Exclusive Hostess Offer) , with our Rose Embossing Folder
This embossing folder, is truly my go to for many cards and scrapbooking layouts.

I used a little Lagoon ink to help distress the edges of the hot air balloon panel. 
Then I finished off the card with a few Bitty Sparkles to add some simple shine. 

I did enter this card into the following challenge:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog- Transport It (Hot air balloon)




2 comments:

  1. What a charming card! I loved seeing the inspiration behind it, too. It has a really great color scheme and I love how it’s so clean and crisp! You did an amazing job on this and I’m so glad you shared your talents with us for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete