Sunday, April 1, 2018

Welcome New Baby Card...

So recently I have had several friends either give birth or announce that they are expecting. So I decided to go ahead and get a head start on my baby shower gift cards. 
Who says they always have to be pastel colors, pink or blue...




The main focal point stamp "Bitsy Bug Rosa" is from A Day For Daisies.


A Day For Daisies (ADFD) provides themed categories of over 1000 digital illustrations, including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions! 

ADFD WEBSITE: www.adayfordaisies.com



I colored in the design using mostly copic markers. 

I then also applied some clear shimmer to her wings and face, using the shimmer brush by Close to my Heart. 
The shimmer brushes are also available in gold and bashful.

For the base of the card I used a pre-cut and pre-scored card from the White Cards and Envelopes set from Close to my Heart. 

I used the "Blacked Out" technique that I love so much. 
The red cardstock is Ruby from the Close to my Heart Enchanted Cardstock Pack collection. The green is Sweet Leaf from the Whimsy Cardstock Pack Collection.




The smaller sentiment "Welcome Baby" is from the "Short & Sweet Sentiments" stamp set by Close to my Heart. 

I love this little set, it has so many great sentiments in one complete set, and it's an amazing value at only $6.95.

These are all of the sentiments that are included:



As a small bit of embellishment, I added two Sparkles, to the lower part of the card. Did you know that you can color them using your Shin Markers? That's right, since they are clear, you can color them any color you want. 

I entered the card into a few challenges:

Pile It On! Challenge Blog - #141 Think Small
Cardz TV- Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Inside the Box
Crafting From The Heart - #200 Anything Goes 
The House That Stamps Built - #M2818 Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 
Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges - #1812 Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp Challenge  - Work It Wednesday 
Crafty Catz - #409 Anything Goes


4 comments:

  1. Very cute! Such an adorable image and I don't see any reason why baby cards have to be soft pastel colors, either. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Marciava, the non-traditional colors show off the cute image nicely! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete