Monday, July 9, 2018

Disney's Up Themed Artist Trading Cards For An ATC Swap

So earlier this weekend, I signed up for an Artist Trading Card (ATC) Swap on Splitcoaststampers
Splitcoaststampers has been my go to for swaps for years. 

For the ATC Swap, there are 4 categories. 
They are Vintage, Disney, Shades of  1 Color, and Bugs/Insects. 

So since my time tends to be limited, I decided to go ahead and get started. 
Well we all know I am a major Disney fan, so of course that is the category I completed first!

So I present to you my 3 Artist Trading Cards for the Disney category. 



They are titled "Up Fan Art", I made only 3. 
In hindsight, I should have made a 4th for myself. 
But it's okay, I am just happy that the picture in my mind, turned out the way I wanted them to.

I used nearly all Close to my Heart products for them.

The house and balloons are from the July Stamp of the Month "Highlight Reel"
When you purchase $50 in products you can purchase "Highlight Reel" for only $5!

(#1 of 3)

On White Daisy cardstock, the house is stamped in Toffee ink. 
The balloons were stamped in Archival Black Ink

The balloons are masked to create varying amounts. 
Then colored in with Copics. 
I then used a Clear Shimmer Brush to give them some shine. 

(#2 of 3)

The cliff, and waterfall were drawn with a pen. 
Then colored with Copics. 
I added Liquid Glass on top of the waterfall, to make the water really stand out.

(#3 of 3)


I used the Pen Pal alphabet set to stamp UP. 
The UP is stamped on Lagoon cardstock, with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
I then dovetailed the cardstock, then mounted it on dimensional tape. 

I then used Pacifica Ink to distress the edges of the front of the card.
I mounted the card onto chipboard. 

(Back of all Three Cards)

Then on the back, I mounted a piece of Sapphire cardstock
Then used a stamp I found while in Las Vegas, that is made specifically for ATCs. 
I also distressed the information portion of the back with Pacifica Ink as well. 

2 comments: