Saturday, July 22, 2017

Christmas Is Only 155 Days Away...

That's right, 155 days or 22 weeks away. 
It will be here before you know it. Im usually pretty good about shopping for gifts throughout the year, but Christmas cards... that's a different story. 
So every year I start in July, and I still don't always finish in time.
 In my defense however, we don't receive many cards, and I usually end up sending folks cards, that never send us one, so I at least start with the ones that do send us one first. 




So for this card, I kept things rather simple. 

I started with a white card base, which I rarely do, but for this I decided to go with white. 



I cut 1/2 inch strips of several pieces of Fundamentals Papers
There's probably at least 1 pattern from each color family. 
The larger red strip in the middle, was cut at 1 inch. 
I adhered each strip, then trimmed down the edges. 



The sentiment "Happy Holidays" is from the current stamp set "Short & Sweet" Sentiments
The outline is a stamp from our older retired "Cute Koalas" stamp set, in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. 
After stamping the sentiment with my Cranberry Mini Pigment Pad, I also sponged the edges, after fussy cutting it out.

I cut a 1 1/2 inch circle out of the yellow patterned paper from the Prickly Pear Paper Pack. I cut it in half so that each side peeks out from behind the sentiment. 
Then I adhered two small Rhinestone Clear Sparkles for a little extra pizzazz. 




Lastly, I sponged the inside of the card with my Cranberry Mini Pigment Ink Pad
I will add this card to my collection of Christmas cards that are ready to go the day after Thanksgiving. 

I also chose to submit this card to a few challenges:









10 comments:

  1. Fabulous Christmas card...Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Cards All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way the use up scrap papers! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to use stripes of patterned paper! A gorgeous card, Marciava! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! What a great way to use up some paper scraps! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges and at CCAYR! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely Christmas card, great way to use all the leftovers!. Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge for the 'N for New' and 'O for Old' challenge!
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete