Sunday, September 2, 2018

Magical Mermaids Scrapbooking Layout

Last year for my Twins 4th Birthday, we took them to see the Pirates Voyage Dinner Show in Myrtle Beach, SC. While the girls have all been before, this time it was extra special, because we also let them participate in the Mermaid Makeover Experience
They each had their faces painted, adorned with glitter gems and they received a crown and a wand. 
The girls all loved it. 

So I present to you the layout I created for those photos. 
While I did not post the photos on the layout itself, I will at a later date, once I have them printed.



For the layout I used all Close to my Heart products. 
Some of which are now newly retired, but you may very well have them in your stash. 
Be sure to checkout all of the new products that released yesterday on Sept 1st!

I used Thistle, Pixie, and Black cardstock. 
The patterned paper came from the Make Waves Paper Packet. 
I also used White Glitter Paper  for the borders on the edges. 
If you have not used our Glitter Paper before, a side note is that it is very thick and durable. 
It really is more like cardstock.




I used the Make Waves Scrapbooking stamp set, for the large Mermaid, and the sentiment next to her.
 I also used the word "Magical" and the flowers from the same stamp set. 
I colored the Mermaid and the Flowers in with Copics.
I used Lagoon ink and Thistle ink to distress those pieces and the white journal box. 



The star fish stickers, flower stickers and washi tape sticker, all came from the Make Waves Complements Pack. Right now that set is on clearance while supplies last for only $2.25.





I adorned the pages with Silver Glitter Gems.
Those are one my my favorite embellishments that Close to my Heart carries.  




I also entered my scrapbooking layout into the following challenges:


Pile It On! Challenge Blog-  #146 Think Big (Large shapes; enlarged image; Big words, etc)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog- Anything Goes 
Classic Design Team Challenge-  #9 September Anything Goes 
Crafting By Design -  Anything Goes 
Polkadoodles Challenge - Week #35 Anything Goes 
Creative Moments- #151 Anything Goes 

7 comments:

  1. Love these Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout! Thank you for joining us at Crafting By DeSiGnS xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful... thank you for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles crafty hugs Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layouts. Thank you for joining us for our Week 35 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles. Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely magical...love it. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Jane DT for  http://
    classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...


    ReplyDelete