Sunday, August 19, 2018

New Disney Layout

I am slowly catching up on my Disney Albums, one layout at a time. 
Here is my most recent layout, featuring photos of my daughter Irelyn.




Often times when my husband has the older kids with him on a ride, I am able to take candid shots of Irelyn and my son while we are waiting for them. 
Sometimes we get really cute pictures, sometimes someone is just hot and tired. 
These three photos turned out pretty well. 
This particular trip was back in May, during my birthday and Mother's Day weekend, so the weather wasn't too bad. 


I kept this layout relatively simple, but incorporated products from a few different companies. The Black, Lemon, and Ruby cardstock are all from Close to my Heart. 

I tried a new technique with the Block Alphabet Thin Cuts from Close to my Heart. 
I simply die cut the letters of Irelyn's name with the Cuttlebug, then on a separate sheet of cardstock I took, Candy Apple Exclusive Ink, one of our new colors releasing September 1st and distressed it. 
Then I layered the piece with the die cut letters over the distressed piece for the effect you see in the photos. 



I embellished the page with a little Red Shimmer Trim also by Close to my Heart. It's one of my favorite embellishments. 
I love that it already has adhesive on it. 

The second part of the challenge was to use some of your older stash. 
I pulled out some of my older Creative Memories photo mats from 2007, and used the blue print, solid and the yellowish journal box on the page. 

Also from Creative Memories, I used an older Disney punch for the Mickey head on the right side of the layout.

Finally, I took a white gel pen and simply placed a few white dots randomly on the page for an extra touch. 

I love how simple it was to make this layout and it is slightly different with all the photos to one side, from how I usually set my pages up. 

I entered my layout into the following challenges:

Pile It On! Challenge Blog- Try A New Technique/Use Your Oldest Stash
A Bit More Time To Craft- #74 Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs- August Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp-Monday Challenge-Sprinkles and Splatters (White Ink Dots)
Classic Design Team-August Challenge #8



2 comments:

  1. Lovely layout Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great candid shots, Marciava! I like the graphic layout style, and the white dots add a fun touch! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing make with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete